Monday, December 5, 2011

Because they can't all be uplifting

I'm feeling pretty down on myself today, despite the strides I'm making in the gym these days.  We all get this way, so I think it's important to chronicle this as well as all the great things I'm doing too. 

I just feel unattractive.  I look at other people, and then look at myself and think "what the hell, why am I not there yet?  What's wrong? I am  never going to get there, I should just give up now."  You think I'm joking?  Ask anybody I talk to on a regular basis.  I guess it just comes down to us being our own harshest critics.  That's a good and a bad thing, I guess.  Good in that we know our own limits and how much harder we should be pushing, versus how hard we're pushing now.  Bad in that we may sink far enough down to where we don't see any good whatsoever in what we're doing, and eventually give  up, because what's the point?  I have no plans on giving up everything I've accomplished so far, but I gotta say that I'm in a real funk right now. 


I just feel so ... so ... BLEGH.  I'm squishy, I still can't make it all the way through Insanity without stopping between designated breaks in the intervals, and I still cannot for the life of me do a chin up. 

I'll probably feel a little more positive once i've completed my Insanity workout for the night.  Hopefully, anyway.  I hate feeling so down on myself, especially when I know how much I've accomplished, and am still accomplishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment