Thursday, December 8, 2011

well then

I had a little hiccup in my workout routine this week ...

I usually try to work out twice a day if I can, but if not, definitely once a day.  That once being my Insanity videos.  Anyhow, after my workout on Tuesday night, I settled into my normal routine:  cook dinner, talk to my querido online, and watch a little netflix while my body recovers.  As I was getting ready to head off to  bed, I decided to peruse Facebook one last time before I shut my computer down for the night.  I stumbled across something that for all intensive purposes, shook me down to my core.  I didn't really expect to have such a physical response on top of whatever emotion I was feeling at that moment.  What it was is irrelevant at this point, what caught me off guard was how strongly I reacted.

Any hope I had of sleeping was completely and effectively derailed.  So .. instead of going to bed around 10 pm like I'd hoped, I didn't end up falling asleep until after 2 AM ... only to wake up to start my day at 5 am as per usual. 

So that was it.  No weightlifting that morning ... not on less than 3 hours sleep.  I was a zombie the rest of the day.  I kept hoping I'd at least get my energy back to power through Insanity when I got home from work.  Nope.  Not even a little bit.  The moment I sat down, I could feel my body sinking into my chair.  You know that feeling you get when your entire body starts to lightly tingle when you have had little to no sleep?  That's what was happening to me. 

I had my dinner, talked to my querido, and laid down to go to bed at a much more reasonable hour that night. 

I feel better today, but I've learned that I need to be much better about managing myself and how I respond to things.  I can't let myself get so worked up that it affects me physically like that.  It's a hard thing to manage, as I'm sure it has happened to all of us at one point or another in our lives.  What's important is that you pick up and keep going.   You'll stumble, but you have to right yourself and continue on.

Insanity tonight was just cardio recovery.  I left Plyo Cardio Circuit right where it was, and am not going to try to make up for it.  Just keep looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment